pvalue.io is a free online statistical analysis software, specially designed for physicians and other healthcare professionals. With over 5000 scientific articles, dissertations and theses published with this software, it has become in a few years a reference in biostatistics.
An innovative statistical software
Very often, statistical softwares are designed for statisticians. Some of them require learning a programming language such as SAS, R or Stata or have a simple interface such as SPSS.
These softwares will always be able to calculate a p-value, even if the test used is not correct and even if the conditions of validity of the test are not met. In other words, if you are not a statistician, it is highly likely that if you use SPSS ffor anything but descriptive analysis, your results will be wrong.
pvalue.io is a unique statistical software: it does not address statisticians, but physicians and other health professionals. It is suitable for analyzing data for the purpose of publication for a medical thesis or in a peer-reviewed international medical scientific journal. pvalue.io is considered the best statistical software for medical research among its users, 98% of whom would recommend it to their colleagues.
The objective of this software is to be easy to use for all those who do not have enough statistical knowledge to perform their own analyses. It has also has an educational objective. We therefore had to make compromises on the software’s functionalities and methodological aspects. Thus, we have chosen to set the alpha risk at 5%, to present the confidence intervals at 95%, and only bilateral superiority tests. Interactions are difficult to interpret and cannot be calculated. Being intended for a non-statistician users, pvalue.io systematically presents the interpretation of the results.
A variety of statistical analyses are possible with pvalue.io, and this number increases over time. It is a software that is not fixed, and is improved according to users’ suggestions.
- Univariate analyses, such as Welch’s or Student’s T-tests or ANOVA (comparing the means of a numerical variable between several groups), and their non-parametric equivalents (Mann-Whitney and Kruskall Wallis), Chi2 and Fisher’s exact Test (comparing the distributions of a categorical variable across several groups), and the log-rank test.
- Multivariable analyses, such as linear regressions, logistic regressions, and Cox’s models. Kaplan Meier curves are automatically generated for survival analyses.
- Predictive analyses to predict the outcome of patients according to their characteristics.
But don’t worry, you don’t need to search for which test to use first, as the software will automatically select the correct test.
The technology behind pvalue.io
Pvalue.io mainly uses 3 open source tools:
- R, the software and reference programming language for statistical analysis
- The Shiny package, an extension of the R software allowing to build graphical interfaces with client/server communication
- The simplestats package, an extension of the R software allowing more appropriate operations to be carried out in biomedical research, guaranteeing the transparency of the analyses carried out by pvalue.io